Services & Supports
Western Region Resource Directory (Printable)
Regional Mental Health & Addiction Services Offices:
- Port aux Basques: 695-6250
- Burgeo: 886-1550
- Stephenville: 643-8740
- Corner Brook
- Adult Mental Health & Addiction Services: 634-4506
- Blomidon Place - Children Youth & Families: 634-4171
- Deer Lake: 635-7830
- Bonne Bay: 458-2381
- Port Saunders: 861-9125
All Mental Health Services (Corner Brook, Stephenville, Deer Lake, Port Saunders, Burgeo, Norris Point, Port aux Basques) provide promotion, education and prevention services, consultation, assessment and counseling services to children, adults, families, groups and communities for mental health/mental illness-related issues. Mental Health Services accepts self referrals or referrals from other agencies.
Youth Outreach Workers
Youth Early Intervention & Outreach Workers provide support to youth (12-29), support to parents of youth and other family members who are concerned about their teen, and support to schools and community groups for presentation and program delivery on a variety of addictions prevention and mental health promotion topics. See menu to the left for more information, or click here.
Mental Health and Addictions Systems Navigator Are you having difficulty navigating the system or connecting with a service?
Call 752-3916 or 1-877-999-7589; VRS calls are welcome or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mental Health Crisis Line: 1-888-737-4668
- Crisis Text Line: Text ‘Talk’ to 686868
- Health Line: 811 or 1-888-709-2929
- CHANNAL Peer Support Warm Line: 1-855-753-2560
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
- Gambling Help Line: 1-888-899-4357
- Provincial Opioid Toll-Free Line: 1-844-752-3588
- Transition House: 1-866-634-4198
- Smokers Help Line: 1-800-363-5864
- Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-888-709-7090 (Call or Text)
- First Nations & Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line: 1-855-242-3310
- 2SLGBTQIA+ Warm Line: 1-866-230-8041 (Call or Text) or Chat online at plannedparenthoodnlshc.com/warmline
- Crisis Services Canada: 1-833-456-4566 or Text 45645 (6:30 PM to 2:30 AM); Chat online at www.CrisisServicesCanada.ca (6:30 PM to 2:30 AM)
Online Resources & Supports:
Bridgethegapp.ca - Interactive resources and service directory.
CheckItOutNL.ca – Free Online Mental Health & Substance Use Screening for Adults 18+
CHANNAL's Weekly Virtual Peer Support Group: www.channal.ca
Not sure who to call? Help Starts Here.
Call 211 for local community/government programs & services.
Self-Help Resources & Supports:
Coming Soon! Check back for updates.
For immediate help, contact your local Emergency Department or Police.