Rufus Guinchard Health Centre
Rufus Guinchard Health Centre is located in the town of Port Saunders and provides Primary Health Care Services and Long Term Care Services to the Communities of Port Saunders, Port au Choix, Hawkes Bay, River of Ponds, Eddies Cove West, Castors River North and South and Bartletts Harbour for a population of approximately 4,000.
The Centre is a 29-bed facility with an allocation of:
- 22 Long Term Care Beds
- 7 Acute Care Beds (which includes 1 palliative care bed)
The Health Services provided include:
- Medical Services
- Nursing Services
- Emergency Care Services (24 hr Coverage)
- Out-Patient Clinics
- Laboratory & Diagnostic Services
- Clinical Dietitian
- Palliative Care
- Social Work Services
- Occuapational Therapy (visiting)
- Physiotherapy Services
- Recreation Therapy
- Telehealth Consultations
- Administration Support Staff
- Gift Shop
- Pastoral Care
- Pharmacy Service, including Chemotherapy (coordinated through WMRH)
- Support Services (Laundry, Dietary, Medical Records, Materials Management, Housekeeping)
Download the What to Expect When Visiting the Emergency Department (Rural Health) brochure.
Download the Family Presence-Rural Health Centres brochure.
Download the Family Presence Guidelines Long Term Care brochure.