At the following facilities, visitors are limited to one consistent visitor/support person per patient/resident due to potential COVID exposures, suspected COVID positive patients/residents, or other illness:
- Units 3B and 4AB at Western Memorial Regional Hospital
- Bayside Unit at Western Long Term Care Home
On all other units at hospitals, health centres and long term care homes, each patient and resident may have multiple visitors throughout the day, however, only two can visit at the same time. Please note that some areas/units may not be able to accommodate two visitors at the same time due to the space available and the need to maintain physical distancing requirements. In these cases, care teams will work with families to identify visitation options.
Support persons/visitors are advised of the following visitation guidelines:
· COVID-19 Screening: Visitation is not permitted if the support person/visitor is symptomatic (i.e. experiencing any one or more symptoms of COVID-19) or self-isolating (except in specific situations such as labour and delivery and end-of-life visitation).
· Mandatory masking: Visitors/support persons must wear a well-fitted medical mask for the duration of their time in our facilities, including while visiting patient/resident rooms. Visitors/support persons can wear their own medical mask or wear a mask provided at the health care facility. Cloth masks are not permitted at this time.
· Perform hand hygiene and maintain physical distancing (two metres/six feet).
Please do NOT visit any health care facility if you feel ill or are experiencing flu-like or gastrointestinal symptoms.