The department of Registration/Clinical Records is comprised of three functional centres; Health Records, Admitting/Registration and Switchboard.
- Secures and stores the inpatient and OPD/ER health record to facilitate ongoing patient care, utilization review, research and program planning.
- Ensures retrieval, processing and completion of health records according to established standards.
- Collects inpatient and surgical day care data which is submitted to The Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) as part of the national database.
- Provides medical transcription services to physicians for patient's reports, i.e. discharge summaries, OR reports etc.
- Responsible for release of information to clients while adhering to specific guidelines regarding privacy and confidentiality.
- Processes patient admissions accurately, documenting the patient's demographic and medical information
- Ensures accurate and efficient registration of patients for Outpatient/Emergency services
- Maintains Hostel bookings for clients and their escorts/relatives.
- Maintenance of switchboard console including receiving, placing and connecting telephone calls
- Operation of beeper system and overhead paging
- Implementation of emergency procedures, special codes and alarms
- Connect/Disconnect of patient phones
- Serves as an information centre for clients i.e. patients rooms, location of departments, etc.
- Provides after hours admission service
Fore more information, contact:
Regional Manager Health Records
Tel: 637-5000 ext. 5217