Earlier Appointments for Second Dose COVID-19 Vaccination
Western Health is advising that individuals who had their second dose of COVID-19 vaccination appointments scheduled on or before August 5, 2021, can now book an earlier appointment. All second dose appointments scheduled after August 6 have been cancelled and individuals will need to rebook their second dose appointment at least 8 weeks after their first dose.
While there are some appointments currently available for second doses, additional appointments will be available for booking starting on Monday, June 21, 2021. If there are no appointments available in your area or in your required timeframe, please check back as more appointments will be added weekly.
Western Health is strongly encouraging all residents to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are interchangeable for second doses. If you received a first dose of an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna), you can get either mRNA vaccine for your second dose.
- If you received a first dose of AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, you can get AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD or an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) for your second dose.
- Individuals 12 to 17 years of age are eligible for the Pfizer vaccine only.
- To book an appointment at one of the available clinics throughout the Western Health region, please visit www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/vaccine/gettheshot/. If you experience issues with the vaccine booking site, please open Google Chrome and clear your web browsing cache by clicking Ctrl and F5.
- Some physicians and pharmacists are available to provide second doses of COVID-19 vaccine. Please contact your local clinic/pharmacy for appointment times.
- You should not schedule an appointment for a vaccine if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Instead, complete a COVID-19 Assessment and referral by clicking here.
For up-to-date information on the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19.