COVID-19 Vaccination Available for Individuals older than 30 and Older
Western Health is advising that COVID-19 vaccination is now open to individuals aged 30 and older as of December 31, 2021.
These individuals are invited to book an appointment for their first dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine by completing the following steps:
- Please click the following link or copy and paste the link into the address bar of an internet browser (Google Chrome is the preferred browser). https://portal.healthmyself.net/nlwesternhealth/forms/lgA
- Complete the eligibility questionnaire and consent.
- Select and book a vaccine appointment at their preferred clinic location.
- If you experience issues accessing/loading the site, please open Google Chrome and clear your web browsing cache by clicking Ctrl+F5.
Information about other groups which are eligible for vaccination can be found here.
If anyone is experiencing difficultly booking their appointment, please click here for the how-to video, or contact 1-833-703-5470 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Individuals will know when the clinics are full when there are no longer any available appointment slots available in the online system. If an appointment is no longer available in the community/clinic of choice, more clinics will be available in the future. However, people should continue to check Western Health’s website as we are continuing to add clinics weekly.
If you are not able to leave your home to access a clinic, please call 1-833-703-5470 and indicated that you require a home visit.
You should not schedule an appointment for a vaccine if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Instead, complete a COVID-19 Assessment and referral by clicking here.
While waiting for your opportunity for vaccination, and after vaccination, it is important for everyone to continue to follow public health guidance to protect yourself, your loved ones, and your communities including:
- Wearing a mask in public
- Washing your hands frequently
- Respecting public health guidance on gatherings, travel and quarantine
- Completing the online self-assessment at www.811healthline.ca or calling 811 if you are experiencing one or more symptoms of COVID-19 to arrange testing.
Western Health will continue to communicate as additional vaccine information becomes available and more clinics are set up. For more information on COVID-19 vaccines, please visit Health Canada. For up-to-date information on the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19.