Western Health Holding AstraZeneca Vaccination Clinics in Additional Locations
Western Health is advising that AstraZeneca vaccination clinics for residents 55 to 64 will be held in several communities over the next week:
· Stephenville, Lions Club, April 8, April 10 and April 14
· Port aux Basques, Lions Club, April 12
· Norris Point, Town Hall, April 13 and April 16
· Corner Brook, Valley Mall, April 8, April 13, and April 15
· Deer Lake, Hodder Memorial, April 13, April 14, and April 15
· Port Saunders, Rufus Guinchard Health Centre, April 13
· Burgeo, Lions Club, April 14
You do not need to preregister for these clinics, although you do need to book an appointment. Anyone in the Western Health region who is aged 55-64 is eligible to attend these clinics. To book an appointment:
- Click the following link, or copy and paste the link into the address bar of your internet browser: https://portal.healthmyself.net/nlwesternhealth/forms/0e3
(using google chrome if possible)
- Complete the eligibility questionnaire and consent
- Follow the online instructions and when prompted enter the following authorization code: AZVACCINE
If you are experiencing difficultly booking your appointment, please click here for the how-to video, or contact 1-833-703-5470 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Newfoundland and Labrador public health officials paused the administration of the COVISHIELD vaccine for adults under age 55 on March 29. This decision was based on new guidelines from the National Advisory Committee on Immunization, which cites European reports of rare instances of vaccine-induced prothrombotic immune thrombocytopenia (VIPIT) in people four to 20 days after receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine.
Health Canada reviewed the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine and stated the benefits in protecting Canadians from COVID-19 continue to outweigh the risks and encouraged Canadians to get immunized with any of the COVID-19 vaccines that are authorized in Canada when they are eligible. For more information on the AstraZeneca vaccine please see here.
You should not schedule an appointment for a vaccine if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Instead, complete a COVID-19 Assessment and referral by clicking here.