At Western Health, Pastoral Care is offered as a component of the holistic and interdisciplinary approach to healthcare. It assists individuals to mobilize their spirituality, faith and religious resources to enhance their health and quality of life.
The role of the Pastoral Care Department is to coordinate the provision of spiritual and religious support to patients, their families and staff. Pastoral Care responds to individuals who are experiencing spiritual distress by:
- Listening and Facilitating communication;
- Developing and facilitating support groups;
- Assessing spiritual needs and concerns;
- Support staff in stressful times;
- Providing spiritual care, counsel and education;
- Supporting those facing crisis situations;
- Addressing cultural and faith concerns;
- Responding to religious needs;
- Contacting faith community representatives when requested;
- Assisting in decision making;
- Exploring opportunities for reconciliation;
- Help you come to terms with a difficult diagnosis;
- Be with you when somebody is dying;
- Guiding through grief process.
How to Reach Us?
Pastoral Care provides a continuous presence in healthcare - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a week.
Each of Western Health site's telephone operator has contact information for denominational chaplains and community clergy for your area.
Corner Brook Sites:
Anglican Chaplain - Beeper 477
Roman Catholic - Beeper 407
Salvation Army Chaplain - Beeper 350
United Church - Beeper 443
Sandra Lush, BA, MA (Pastoral Care) Healthcare
WMRH, 2nd Floor
Corner Brook, NL A2H 6J7
709-637-5000 Ext. 5224