Information for New Employees
Western Health is committed to ensuring that our staff and the services we provide are done so with the utmost professionalism. In order to help us recruit the most suitable candidates for our organization, several pre-employment conditions are required. Prior to employment each potential applicant must provide the following information:
- Current certificate of conduct.
- Completed Western Health application form.
- Reference information of most recent/current supervisor.
- Copy of high school diploma (or equivalent).
- Copy of most recent post-secondary diploma (if applicable).
- Proof of registration or licensure (if applicable).
Once hired, employees are required to supply additional information including, but not limited to:
- Date of birth.
- Social Insurance Number.
- Void cheque (or other bank account information for payroll purposes)
- Direct Deposit Form (PDF)
- Signed and witnessed oath of confidentiality.
Western Health offers an attractive benefits package to new employees that includes a minimum of four weeks annual vacation, nine statutory holidays, twelve days paid sick leave per year, full time and part time pension plan options (see links below), health insurance, as well as dental and long-term disability plans.
Public Service Pension Plan - Full Time Employees
Government Money Purchase Plan - Part Time Employees
Group Life and Health Insurance Plan
There are various benefits provided by each of the collective agreements in place within Western Health. Visit the Collective Agreements page for more information.
To learn more visit the Department of Health and Community Services.