Governance/Board of Trustees
Western Health's Board of Trustees work closely with the President and Chief Executive Officer, who is responsible for the leadership of staff, physicians, and other stakeholders who together deliver essential health and community services to people living in the Western region, and Newfoundland and Labrador.
Western Health is governed by a maximum of an 18 member Board appointed by the Minister of Health and Community Services, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
The roles and responsibilities of regional health board members are defined by the Regional Health Authorities Act, Hospitals Act, Public Health Act, Nursing Home Act and the Accountability and Transparency Act.
- Bryson Webb (Chairperson) - Channel-Port aux Basques
- Brian Hudson - Pasadena
- Sonia Lovell - Sop's Arm
- Tom O'Brien - Stephenville
- Richard Parsons - Cow Head
- Sheldon Peddle - Corner Brook
- Lloyd Chelsey Walters - Corner Brook
- Regina Warren - Corner Brook
- Keith Watton - Corner Brook
- Gregory White - Corner Brook
The President and Chief Executive Officer of Western Health is Ms. Cynthia (Cindy) Davis. The President and CEO is appointed by the Western Health Board of Trustees to achieve the goals and objectives set by the Board.
The Senior Executive reports directly to the President and CEO and provides overall direction to key areas of the organization.
Western Health’s Senior Executive is:
- Ms. Cynthia (Cindy) Davis, President/Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. Devon Goulding, Vice President, Corporate Services and Chief Financial Officer
- Ms. Kelli O’Brien, Vice President, Long Term Care, Rural Health and Quality
- Dr. Dennis Rashleigh, Vice President, Medical Services
- Vacant, Vice President, Patient Services and Chief Nursing Officer
- Ms. Michelle House, Vice President, Population Health and Human Resources
- Ms.Tara J. Pye, Regional Director of Communications
For more information about the Board of Trustees or Senior Executive, please contact:
Caroline Wall, Executive Secretary, Western Health at 709-637-5245.
Corporate Office, 1 Brookfield Avenue, Corner Brook, NL, A2H 6J7
Dr. Simon Ash, Regional Chief of Perioperative Medicine
Dr. Fayez Ballouk, Regional Chief of Pathology
Dr. Hiba Chehade, Regional Chief of Emergency
Dr. Brendan Lewis, Chief of Staff – Western Memorial Regional Hospital
Dr. Alan McComiskey, Chief of Staff – Sir Thomas Roddick Hospital
Dr. Ed Mercer, Regional Chief of Medicinal Imaging
Dr. Stephen Murphy, Regional Chief of Internal Medicine
Dr. Amy Pieroway, Regional Chief of Family Practice
Dr. Yuri Power, Regional Chief of Psychiatry
Dr. Katie Smallwood, Divisional Lead of OBS/Gyne
Dr. Dave Thomas, Chief of Staff – Rural South
Dr. Tracey Wentzell, Regional Chief of Surgery