Mission and Values
To view Western Health's "Strategic and Operational Plan 2011 - 2014" (PDF) click here.
To view Western Health's "Strategic and Operational Plan 2008 - 2011" (PDF) click here.
The vision of Western Health is that the people of Western Newfoundland have the highest level of health and well being possible - Your Health Our Priority.
The mission of Western Heath is that by March 31, 2017, Western Health will have enhanced programs and services, in priority areas, to address the population health needs within the Western region.
The core values of Western Health offer principles and a guiding framework for all employees as they work in their various capacities to protect the rights and freedoms of the people of Newfoundland and Labrador. These core values and the related action statements are:
- Respect: Each person shows courtesy, appreciation and consideration for other individuals.
- Equity: Each person provides individuals access to programs and services within the Western region in a fair manner.
- Transparency: Each person is honest and open in communication with others and is forthcoming with all information related to decision-making, except where prohibited by legislation.
- Advocacy: Each person supports individuals in meeting their needs or overcoming barriers.
- Collaboration: Each person works with others to enhance service delivery and maximize the use of resources.
- Excellence: Each person is committed to life-long learning and will do the best work possible within their skills and the resources available.
- Innovation: Each person identifies opportunities to enhance programs and services.
- Accountability: Each person follows through on his/her duties and responsibilities.